Konferenz am 20. Oktober 2017 in Washington DC ICS
OECD: Media Ecosystems and Open Government
This event will provide the occasion for representatives from governments, media organizations, the private sector and non-governmental organizations to discuss how to support a media ecosystem that promotes the open government principles of transparency, participation and accountability. Recognizing the need for voices from across multiple sectors to participate in this ongoing conversation, this event will serve as a multi-stakeholder platform for experts to share experiences, good practices and lessons learned.
Moving forward, the OECD’s goal is to continue to facilitate such interactions in order to strengthen the connection between governments, open government reformers, citizens and the media to ensure that the media can act as an independent voice contributing to open government principles and practices. The results of the discussions during this event will help the OECD define the topics to be covered in its forthcoming data collection and qualitative analysis activities, which will be published as a contribution the wider debates on these topics.
Friday, Oktober 20th, 2017
10 am - 4 pm
Washington DC, USA
Olaf Steenfadt, Media Ownership Monitor, Reporters without Borders Germany
- 10:00 – 10:30: Opening remarks
- 10:30 – 12:15: Parallel breakout sessions*
- Breakout session 1: Helping governments navigate emerging media trends
- Breakout session 2: Maximizing access to public sector information for citizens and journalists
- 12:15 – 13:30: Lunch Break
- 13:30 – 14:30: Report and discussion of breakout sessions
- 14:30 – 15:45: Toward holistic solutions for strengthening media ecosystems
- 15:45 – 16:00 Conclusions and way forward